|Supply List for ALL CLASSES
OBVIOUSLY—you may or may not use ALL of the above. My theory is it is better to have, than wish to have.
- GENERAL—pencils, pens, sketch/note paper, fabric marking pens/pencils, eraser, paper and fabric scissors,
thimbles, needles (variety in machine and hand), thread to match fabrics, plastic see-thru ruler (18” is good),
- FABRIC AIDS
--different weights of iron-on interfacing, fusible web and tear-away products are useful, and often
necessary. I recommend 1/2-2 yards each in a variety of weights and textures. (Purchase amount to project)
--rotary cutter and mat with see-thru ruler
- OPTIONAL/HELPFUL—pillow for chair, trash bag, personal plug-in light, small iron and mat, iron cleaner,
flannel backed vinyl tablecloth (for design wall), masking/scotch tape, a press cloth (see-thru organdy or muslin),
spray starch and water mister are useful.
- BASIC SEWING EQUIPMENT—best sewing machine you have; spare bobbins, manual, sewing feet,
basic and open-toe, darner or quilting foot, optional—walking-foot, cording foot, straight stitch foot and
throat plate, wide table accessory (to increase sewing space of sewing table)
- THREADS-a variety of thick, thin, shiney and dull threads are used for most projects. Suggestions: cotton, rayon,
polyester and metallic or novelty (if desired). Also, 1-2 spools of general sewing thread that blends with the main colors of project.
- SEWING MACHINE NEEDLE GUIDE
--Universal needle size 80 (useful for general sewing)
--Embroidery needle size 70/90 (for thin, decorative threads)
--Topstitch 100 needle (for thicker, Jeans or topstitch thread)
--Topstitch 100 needle or Metafil needles (for metallic thread)
(Note: To print this page, set your printer's paper orientation to Landscape.)